Sunday, May 10, 2015

There is no rift between Fashola and I: Tinubu


The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, yesterday dismissed reports that there was a rift between Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and himself. Tinubu, in a tweet dismissing the media report credited to Oba of Lagos, Oba Riliwan Akiolu, that there was a rift between Fashola and himself, said: “Between Fashola and myself, there has never been any fight, only disagreements over procedures in the past; it borders on the party’s position.” All this is in the past. What we have achieved politically in Lagos and Nigeria is a result of teamwork, political compatibility and vision.”
It will be recalled that there have been many unconfirmed reports that there were serious disagreements between Tinubu and Fashola towards the end of Fashola’s first term in office as governor of the state. Akiolu had while speaking at an event marking the 2,900 days in office of Fashola said it took his (Akiolu) intervention, and the grace of God to reconcile the two of them.
Akiolu said: “I am not a partisan politician, but I am a politician of Iga Iduganran. I am not afraid of any person or anything. I can only fear God. I am also not afraid of death, but I am not going to die now. When there was a controversy between Tinubu and Fashola, all the elders and monarchs throughout the federation called me to intervene.

No comments:

Post a Comment